My priorities for Richmond
A healthy, safe, just and sustainable Richmond
Richmond-wide priority areas
• Stop foreclosures on homeowners, prevent renters' evictions, and support small businesses
• End Chevron’s Pollution and Tax Evasion
• Build a Community Hospital for Richmond
• Build affordable housing while preserving the neighborhoods' character
• Create a healthy sustainable Point Molate
• Keep residential property taxes down and fix the streets
• Develop and implement a Richmond Green New Deal
• Promote democratic participation in solutions
District 5-South Richmond priority areas
• Comprehensive clean-up of the toxic Zeneca site in the Annex
• Fight crime with support for small business and healthy jobs
• Support all residents threatened with eviction,
particularly the elderly
• Assist schools to achieve education equity during and after COVID19
• Assist the elderly and others to connect more during COVID19 and end the digital divide
• Defend Immigrant rights and stand up to ICE and the Feds.
• Improve district parks including Booker T. Anderson Park, JFK Park and other playlots throughout the district.
• Support and work with the EBRPD on Bay Trail and Pt. Isabel Dog Park maintenance and improvements, including shoreline resiliency concerns
• Assist with priority attention the needs of the district communities of Crescent Park, Monterey Pines, Arbors Apartments, Cypress Pines, Friendship Manor, and Richmond Village (formerly Easter Hill).
• Preserve and support the rights of District residents to an environment free of pollution, noise and other emissions from industry located near their residences.